Post-Declutter Stress Disorder
Feel bad after decluttering? This might explain why...
Children and chores – no rewards, no punishment
My husband and I have two children, aged 11 and 12. We have always, from a young age, encouraged independence… [more]
How (and why) your thoughts sabotage you
When you want to make a change, you need to take action. You know that you need to do something, and… [more]
For 10 years, Clear Space has been helping people get organised and in control of their time, tasks, spaces, belongings and life, at home and at work.
Rebecca Mezzino is Adelaide’s most experienced and accredited Professional Organiser; a speaker, motivator, consultant, trainer, wife and mother, dedicated to helping people meet their organising goals.
Rebecca teaches people the skills and provides the inspiration, practical tools and solutions to become more organised and importantly, the confidence to stay that way.
Joining the business full time in 2012, Mick Mezzino has quickly established Clear Space as Adelaide’s downsizing and estate clearance specialists. No other business offers the range of services and focuses on reducing the emotional and physical stress for people.
Clear Space services include:
- Personalised in-home advice and One-On-One coaching
- Virtual coaching
- Home decluttering
- Home downsizing and estate clearances
- Group Workshops
- Improving office productivity
- Corporate and event speaking
- Hoarding consulting and training
So that’s what WE think we do. What do our clients think we do for THEM? In their words:
- I don’t feel overwhelmed anymore
- Our downsize was carried out with the utmost efficiency and professionalism, we couldn’t praise you enough.
- You made the decluttering a positive experience for me
- Thank you very much for your assistance in my relocation. Your help was invaluable.
- It was great having someone to help and motivate me
- You were a life saver during my stress and anxiety. I really appreciated your attention to detail and it was so reassuring knowing that I had someone to call on if I started to implode.
- You helped me overcome my embarrassment
- I never felt as though I were being judged
- Even though you have just spent many hours unpacking my life, you were somehow not at all intrusive!
- I really feel as though a weight has been lifted from my shoulders
Okay, I made that title up. But it isn't too far from reality! Most people get a sense of euphoria after decluttering. Some, however, do not. In fact, they feel horrible. They are anxious and miserable, dwelling on decisions made and wondering if they made mistakes. If you're one of those people, you may be wondering why you don't get as excited by the results as others do. Here's a few … [Read More...]
My husband and I have two children, aged 11 and 12. We have always, from a young age, encouraged independence in their day-to-day lives. We try to be firm and set boundaries, but without being dictators about it. When it comes to chores, we have faced a similar issue to other parents - how do we encourage them to contribute to the household (picking up after themselves as well as extra stuff) … [Read More...]
When you want to make a change, you need to take action. You know that you need to do something, and you want to do something. There's a problem though; sometimes our brains are just not on our side. It's usually our subconscious that's the culprit. Our subconscious is there to keep us safe and working - it keeps us breathing, helps us to do up our shoelaces when we're not looking, tells us the … [Read More...]