Over the next few months, we will be delivering a number of workshops including:
Organising Masterclass - a five hour session covering all of our organising topics
Breaking Through - support and assist someone you know who is or may be a hoarder
Downsizing Your Home - for anyone planning or about to downsize their home
For more detail, scroll down.
ORGANISING MASTERCLASS - get back in control
Everyone can benefit from being more organised.
This masterclass will leave you with the confidence, tools, ideas, solutions and belief to organise you time, tasks, space, belongings, family and life. Topics covered include:
- Personality Types and Organisation
- Decluttering Essentials
- Organising Family Life
- Organising Household Paperwork
- Conquering Kids Clutter
- Sorted Spaces
BREAKING THROUGH - supporting & assisting someone you know who is or may be a hoarder
Nearly everyday, we get an enquiry from someone who has a loved one they suspect or know is a hoarder and who is struggling with how to help and support them.
Hoarding is not a new social issue however, increased public awareness and recognition of the problem and its related social and community impacts is creating increasing interest and expectation of ways to understand and manage such circumstances. How to help someone who is a hoarder is ‘unknown territory’ for many people and, because of a lack of knowledge and resources, brings feelings of frustration, anxiety, helplessness and being overwhelmed. Uncertainty about how to approach the situation, fear for personal health and safety and pressure from family members, friends and the community further exaggerate the situation.
This 2 hour workshop will cover a number of areas including:
- helping you understand why people hoard and the psychology behind hoarding
- assessing the situation and severity of the hoarding condition
- how to approach, relate to and work with hoarders in denial
- working with families and all stakeholders to maintain positive and productive relationships
- maintaining the dignity, privacy and respect of the hoarder
- how best to communicate with the hoarder and use the correct language
- some important dos and don’ts
- addressing any safety concerns you may have
- improving mood and quality of life
- options for intervention
- teaching decluttering methods that you can then teach the hoarder
- reducing their resistance to seek help
DOWNSIZING YOUR HOME – remove the stress
Whilst it is generally preferred to always live in the family home, often there comes a time when circumstances see it become too big or unmanageable.
Moving to a smaller home, retirement village or aged care facility is an emotionally and physically stressful time for all involved, especially when the home holds a lifetime of memories and belongings. And, one thing is certain - everything in the current home is not going to fit in the new one.
Many people, even under normal circumstances, find it difficult dealing with their belongings and become overwhelmed with the enormity of the move.
This workshop will provide inspiration, confidence and solutions to help people downsize their home.
You’ll learn simple and effective, ready-to-use tips and techniques – for instant results – including how to:
- declutter your existing home
- overcome the emotional stress of letting go
- decide what to take
- how to say goodbye to treasured items
- make the most of the available space in your new home
- keep your new home clutter free
- distribute all the items that won’t fit in your new home
- securely destroy paperwork and documents
- dispose of hazardous materials and e-waste
- feel happy and settled in your new home
- have peace of mind during the move