DOWNSIZING YOUR HOME - remove the stress. October 23. Book Now.
Whilst it is generally preferred to always live in the family home, often there comes a time when circumstances see it become too big or unmanageable.
Moving to a smaller home, retirement village or aged care facility is an emotionally and physically stressful time for all involved, especially when the home holds a lifetime of memories and belongings. And, one thing is certain - everything in the current home is not going to fit in the new one.
Many people, even under normal circumstances, find it difficult dealing with their belongings and become overwhelmed with the enormity of the move.
This workshop will provide inspiration, confidence and solutions to help people downsize their home.
You’ll learn simple and effective, ready-to-use tips and techniques – for instant results – including how to:
- declutter your existing home
- overcome the emotional stress of letting go
- decide what to take
- how to say goodbye to treasured items
- make the most of the available space in your new home
- keep your new home clutter free
- distribute all the items that won’t fit in your new home
- securely destroy paperwork and documents
- dispose of hazardous materials and e-waste
- feel happy and settled in your new home
- have peace of mind during the move