If you’ve ever wondered why Professional Organisers charge a lot more than cleaners do, let me tell you why…
1. We coach and teach WITH you, not do it for you
2. We understand that decluttering and organising is an individual thing
3. We know how to design systems that suit you; not us and not anyone else
4. We aim to set you up for future independence
5. We help you understand the relationship you have with your stuff and how to make it a productive and comfortable relationship
6. We understand the psychological issues involved
7. If we are in over our head re #6, we know it and we know when you’re better off with another service provider.
If you get someone who is saying that they can organise or declutter for you at cleaning rates or less, please be aware you get what you pay for. By all means try them if you want, but keep my warning in mind to avoid getting at worst, psychologically damaged and at best, one or two hundred dollars out of pocket for nothing. Or thousands, in the case of one of my clients before she found me.
Also make sure the PO you’re thinking about using is a member of an industry association (www.aapo.org.au, www.napo.com, www.organizersincanada.com, www.apdo-uk.co.uk or google your country and “professional organizer”) because that’s proof that they take their job seriously and are invested in making sure you get the best service possible.
We don’t cost more, we give you more.