When I’m with clients, I’m always on the lookout for what I call “No-Brainers”. The things that should be culled (recycled, donated, sold or trashed) without thinking about it.
Without negotiating with yourself, and without worrying about it, they can go.
Here’s my top 10:
- Clothes you wouldn’t wear in public
- Things you didn’t know you had and don’t know how you got them
- Things you have to google to figure out what it is
- Cords and cables from long-gone devices and appliances
- Odd (that have been odd for aaages) socks
- Broken, damaged, soiled things
- Things you’ve kept to “upcycle” or “do up” when you “have time”
- Expired food, toiletries, chemical, medicines, sunscreen, vouchers, coupons, tickets etc
- Things that belong to other people. You’re not a storage facility!
- Old magazines and newspapers. They recycle the stories anyway – you’re not missing anything.
Do you have any No-Brainers you’d like to add to the list?